This is an ideal opportunity for candidates to experience Mediterranean sailing, with a view to bareboating or chartering at some future date.
5 days practical sail training, leading to the award of the IYT International Bareboat Skipper/Day Skipper Licence, which will entitle you to obtain the ICC Internationally recognized certificate of competence.
- Interpreting weather forecasts
- International regulations for preventing collisions
- Basic engine maintenance
- Handle a yacht under power
- Handle a yacht in close quarters under sail
- Using an inflatable dinghy for shore visits
- Preparation of a yacht for sea
- Navigation: Position Fixes
- Navigation: Course to Steer
- Navigation: Pilotage
- Navigation: Passage Planning
The course will take place on board a Beneteau First 40, with 3 double cabins and fully equipped with safety equipment and 6 person life-raft. The course will be limited to 4 candidates, to ensure sufficient time is allocated for the essential practical tasks.
The boat will normally return to base each evening, although there will be 1 night sail included in the course.
The cost of the course is €690 pp, and includes all meals and beverages while at sea (except when in port/marina overnight.)
- 50% payable on booking
- 50% 4 weeks prior to commencement date
- Full refund 6 weeks before start date
- 50% 3 weeks before start date
“A wonderful week sailing around Ibiza with Peter. His knowledge and experience as well as his excellent teaching skills have made me a much more confident sailor. Thanks Peter.”James
“We had a great day out sailing to Formentera and back. Sunshine, clear waters, swimming... and a few glasses of wine. Peter was the perfect host.”Jane & Sarah